Latest Fibre Channel Tape Connector Proposal

WYATT,STEWART (HP-Boise,ex1) stewart_wyatt at am.exch.hp.com
Mon May 17 12:38:24 PDT 1999

* "WYATT,STEWART (HP-Boise,ex1)" <stewart_wyatt at am.exch.hp.com>
*
Hi Alvin,

The instructions I had from Dal (at least as I understood them) were to keep
the FIbre Channel signals in the same order. These signals are in order
+PORT 1_IN, -PORT 1_IN, +PORT 2_IN, -PORT 2_IN, +PORT 1_OUT, -PORT 1_OUT,
+PORT 2_OUT, and -PORT 2_OUT. I am opposed to this order and would prefer to
group the PORT 1 in and outs together and the PORT 2 in and outs together.
However I was unable to get any support for that change in the FC_TAPE
meeting. The other changes were to try to use the long pins for grounds and
charge and shield the port signals with quieter signals.

What would you propose as an alternative?

Stewart Wyatt