Message to Bob & Larry on TTD/CIOP retention

Lawrence J. Lamers ljlamers at ieee.org
Wed May 5 07:57:40 PDT 1999

* "Lawrence J. Lamers" <ljlamers at ieee.org>
*
Bob and Larry,

In reviewing the minutes from the SCSI Working Group Meeting on March 10,
we noticed the proposal for making TTD obsolete.  We have found TTD
to be very useful for providing high performance in our RAID controllers.
TTD provides some significant advantages, as described in the attached note
|from Will Renner, a software engineer at Digi-Data.  Other alternatives
do not provide the same capabilities.

Therefore, I would like to request that TTD not be made obsolete, but rather
that TTD remain an integral part of the SCSI standard.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Dr. Tomlinson G. Rauscher
President
Digi-Data Corporation
8580 Dorsey Run Road
Jessup, MD  20794

Email:  TRauscher at digidata.com
Phone:  (301) 498-0200  X211
Fax:  (301) 498-0771

Lawrence J. Lamers                     Adaptec, Inc
email:   ljlamers at ieee.org            691 South Milpitas Blvd.
Phone: (408) 578-1709                 Milpitas, CA  95035

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com