Persistent Reserve In/Out for Independent Medium Changers

Bob Snively Bob.Snively at Ebay.Sun.COM
Sat Mar 27 08:51:24 PST 1999

* Bob Snively <Bob.Snively at Ebay.Sun.COM>
*

I feel strongly that SCSI devices likely to be shared among many
devices in a cluster must have persistent reservations available to
allow reservations to be modified and broken without crashing all the
other systems.  For Sun, the right answer is "invocable" by the
initiator, implying "allowed" for the driver and "required" for the
medium changer.

Bob

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com