Draft Minutes of SPI-3 Working Group - March 9, 1999

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 22 10:43:10 PST 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
At 3/17/99 12:49 PM, Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com wrote:
>* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at symbios.com), posted by:
>* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
>*
>After humbly and graciously thanking the secretary for the essentially
>thankless labor, could we in the future save space by omitting useless
>statements like "and eventually agreed" from the minutes?

I searched the minutes and eventually deleted 'eventually'.

><<Larry Lamers reviewed reported objections to proposed changes to the
>packetized protocol that would eliminate the known-length feature of the
>packetized protocol. >>
>
>     I think some wires got crossed. Perhaps "Larry Lamers reviewed
>motivation for proposed changes to the packetized protocol that would
>enhance flow control."

I think I know which wires were crossed, but I like your words better than
trying to clarify the present words.

><<by added a CRC Interval>>
>
>     Change to "by adding a CRC Interval" or to "by an added CRC Interval"

I used your first suggestion.

><<The group agreed to defer a SPI-3 review to the next meeting.
>
>Chair's note:  George Penokie was able to begin the review process after
>the SCSI working group meeting, which ended earlier than expected.>>
>
>     I think all of this should be replaced with "Part of the draft was
>reviewed to confirm changes and to resolve Editor's Notes. The next working
>group is targeted to put a priority on the draft review."

I think the current minutes are accurate, however your words may be more
diplomatic. I've made your suggested change.

Thanks for your careful review!

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com