Multiple long commands

Jeffrey L Williams Jeffrey.L.Williams at wdc.com
Wed Mar 17 13:36:44 PST 1999

* Jeffrey L Williams <Jeffrey.L.Williams at wdc.com>
*

After any command multiple, a target does not have to honor the "multiple"
if it does not have space or does not wish to take any more commands for
any reason.  I think this was stated by George earlier.  Any packetized
"phase" (status or data) is allowed.

With respect to the command restart, I do not see this as a necessary
complexity in the protocol.  I agree, Bill, that it can be done, but why
do it?  I would prefer that targets honor the "mulitple" as long as it can
and then send the data or status it has ready.  The time for a command to
be sent is very small and does not imact performance in any significant
manner.  In addition, the probability of having many "multiples" at the
same time as a target connection is small and does not warrant the
complexity.

Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey L. Williams