Multiple long commands

Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Wed Mar 17 08:49:48 PST 1999

* Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
*
I don't think we need a new "long command" type or a new "multiple long
command" type. The SPI L_Q packet only needs to say "command" type and the
data length field will indicate whether a normal or long command packet
will be attached. What more is needed?

The description of the SPI COMMAND packet needs to be changed to allow for
the fact that more than 16 bytes of CDB information may be included in the
packet. The command packet description can either add a five bit field like
FCP-2 is doing to indicate the number of CDB bytes (that makes decoding of
the command packet indepentent of knowing the SPI L_Q length) or it must be
referenced to the SPI L_Q length. We don't need any new packet types. FCP-2
isn't adding a new packet type!

gop at us.ibm.com on 03/17/99 09:03:32 AM