SAM-2 Revision 11

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at csi.com
Fri Jul 30 07:52:50 PDT 1999

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at csi.com>
*
I have placed SAM-2 revision 1 on the FTP site in

   < ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/sam2/sam2r11.pdf >

Revision 11 contains all the material the working group discussed
regarding devices with multiple ports, including the definition of
a port identifier object mentioned during the waning minutes of the
discussion.

Revision 11 contains all T10 approved proposals for changes in
SAM-2.  Additionally, I received several e-mail messages describing
editorial problems in SAM-2 and the changes resulting from those
messages are in revision 11.  Perhaps the most important of these
changes was moving the CDB LINK bit back to its SCSI-2 location
of bit 0 in the CONTROL byte.  (During the conversion from
WordPerfect to FrameMaker, the LINK bit incorrectly moved
|from bit 0 to bit 1.)

Thanks.

Ralph...

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org