Process Associator in FCP? Trial balloon: Let's drop it.

Zeitler, Carl Carl.Zeitler at COMPAQ.com
Tue Jul 6 08:21:29 PDT 1999

* "Zeitler, Carl" <Carl.Zeitler at COMPAQ.com>
*
Bob, I am not aware of any present use of Process Associators, but believe
that it is premature to make them obsolete at this point in time.   This
mechanism could prove useful in NUMA systems that can run multiple OS
instances utilizing the same FC Host Bus adapters.

Regards,
Carl

Carl Zeitler
Compaq Computer Corporation
MS150801
20555 SH 249
Houston, TX 77070-2698
Phone: (281) 518-5258
Fax:     (281) 514-5270
E-Mail:  Carl.Zeitler at compaq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Snively [mailto:Bob.Snively at ebay.sun.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 1999 2:13 PM
To: fc at nsg0.network.com; t10 at symbios.com
Subject: Process Associator in FCP? Trial balloon: Let's drop it.

We appear to have general agreement that FCP-2 shall make
operation associators obsolete.

There was some informal discussion of making process associators obsolete
as well, but I do not remember any formal action on the question.

That certainly meets with the apparent lack of requirements by
FCP scsi devices, even in symmetrical multi-processing environments
and virtual machine environments.

What do you folks think?

Bob

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com