Domain Validation

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 26 09:56:02 PST 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
Alan,

Yes, the level 1, 2, & 3 terms were dropped.  It was argued that numbering
these tests (and possible future tests) could create unwarrented
expectations about their desirability, effectiveness, etc.  (Think about
the confusion that RAID levels have created.)  Basic, Enhanced, and
Margined are the new terms to use (unless a future meeting changes things
again).

I should point out that this document is only a proposal -- it has not been
accepted by T10 yet.

You touch a sensitive nerve when you comment on the lack of detail in the
minutes.  I've been beat up far more times for including too much detail
than too little.  Many people believe that minutes should only contain the
results of a discussion and not the blow-by-blow account.  Besides, it is
easier to be politically correct when less is said.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com