LVD Question

Gingerich, Kevin k-gingerich at ti.com
Thu Feb 18 06:12:35 PST 1999

* "Gingerich, Kevin" <k-gingerich at ti.com>
*
Bill, I didn't see any responses to your question so I'll speculate.
Theoretically, a LVD-SCSI driver could be driving up to 24 mA (short-circuit
limit) with multiple drivers active on the same transmission line. Upon
turning the driver Off, there would be an instantaneous -24 mA change into
one half of the characteristic impedance at that point of the line. The
largest characteristic impedance allowed is 135 ohms for a maximum -1.62 V
change from the initial differential voltage. So yes, there would be a
release "glitch". /Kevin/