Ultra 160/m clocking question

Richard Moore r_moore at qlc.com
Thu Feb 11 15:26:25 PST 1999

* Richard Moore <r_moore at qlc.com>
*
Ultra-3 is a STA term defined by a list of features, none of which is
mandatory.
SPI-3 is the T10 draft standard in which those features are described.
Ultra-160/m,
which as far as I know is a term not officially sanctioned by either T10 or
STA,
describes a specific Ultra-3 profile, namely double-transition clocking wide
Fast-80
transfers (hence 160 MB/s), with the "m" (for "manageability"), referring to
the
addition of non-packetized CRC and domain validation.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com