Packetized L_Q IU type field changes

Sriram Srinivasan srirams at lsil.com
Wed Dec 15 09:09:40 PST 1999

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at propwash.co.lsil.com>
*
George:

> Mark,
> Breaking the stream of commands to send a status is definitely allowed. The
> note and figure allow that to happen along with the text your referenced.

	Just to clarify this again; the "1" superscript in Fig. 56 (SPI-3
rev.11) applies ONLY to the SPI L_Q/DATA portion of the words in paranthesis
right?  So like u said the target can send status to break a stream of multiple
commands.  But my question is this:  Words in subclause 14.3.1 say

	"After transferring all the SPI command information unit bytes the
target shall change to a DT DATA IN phase and transmit a SPI status information
unit with the status defined in the SCSI Architecture Model-2 standard for this
condition."

	After reading SAM-2 I understand that the target can send either a TASK
SET FULL or a BUSY.  Is this right?  Or is the target restricted to return only
a TASK SET FULL status?

	Please clarify,

Sriram

Sriram Srinivasan,
ASIC Design Engineer, LSI Logic,		Phone : (970) 206 5847
2001 Danfield Ct., Ft. Collins, CO 80525	FAX   : (970) 206 5244

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org