SCSI Icons

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Mon Aug 30 10:50:37 PDT 1999

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
<<From what I have been told about copyright law, ANSI's claim to these
icons would be rather weak.  For ANSI to own them, the original authors
would have had to sign over their rights to ANSI.  I am pretty sure that
has not happened, especially in the case of the LVD icons, which I
generated.  The original SCSI icon was contributed to the committee by
Apple Computer April 1, 1986.>>

     But John, isn't the ANSI policy that in order for items to be included
in an ANSI standard that applicable copyrights be relinquished? Yes, ANSI
does not require a license and that is part of the reason for requiring
that the copyrights of others be relinquished.

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org