SCSI Icons

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Mon Aug 30 09:55:31 PDT 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Anthony,

The icons were put into the various SCSI standards so that people could use
them to identify their SCSI ports in a graphical way.  You should be able
to use the icons without getting a license.  A lot of other companies have
already used them without any kind of license.

>From what I have been told about copyright law, ANSI's claim to these icons
would be rather weak.  For ANSI to own them, the original authors would
have had to sign over their rights to ANSI.  I am pretty sure that has not
happened, especially in the case of the LVD icons, which I generated.  The
original SCSI icon was contributed to the committee by Apple Computer April
1, 1986.

Regards,
John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org