SSC Read Positoin Command, EOP bit request for clarification

robbyb at us.ibm.com robbyb at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 12 13:36:57 PDT 1999

* robbyb at us.ibm.com
*

It has always been my understanding that the position of EOP is allowed to vary
|from mount to mount and even from writing to reading.  (Read limits being opened
up to always allow tape interchange reading on a drive with worst possible
variations in EOP positioning).  It isn't clear from reading the SSC document
that this variation is allowed.  Could we get a clarification on this?  I have
an application where it is assumed that EOP will be asserted on the exact same
logical block read as it was when written.

Regards,
Rob Basham

T/L 321-4923  Phone 520-799-4923

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org