Arbitration and Data Out bus phase similarities?

Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Wed Aug 11 08:16:45 PDT 1999

* Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
*
The rules for starting arbitration require that the SCSI device observe BUS
FREE phase for a specified amont of time. Seeing BUSY active when it starts
looking at the bus (even for an arbitration phase) means that the SCSI
device shall not attempt to participate. This step prevents any "late"
devices from participating in arbitration or from arbitrating in the middle
of a DATA OUT phase, so the situation you describe should never happen.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org