Spec issue on MSE leakage current in SPI-3

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 29 14:34:14 PDT 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
At 4/29/99 03:51 PM, you wrote (in part):

>         Maybe someday we can outlaw old devices on new busses but
>for now I do not see how.

Bill,

I do not want to outlaw old devices.  I just want to make it legal for new
devices to exist on the same bus.  If my new device tends to clamp signals
at 3 volts (or a little higher) when an old device trys to drive it higher,
where is the harm?  The receivers will still see a valid high-level
(assuming SE) and we should not see such high voltages on LVD.

The 20 uA leakage spec at 4.1V will add a lot of cost and complexity for no
benefit.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com