Re 2: 97-199r9

Jim McGrath Jim.McGrath at quantum.com
Wed Oct 14 12:55:01 PDT 1998

* Jim McGrath <Jim.McGrath at quantum.com>
*
Gene,

The origin of the 200 ns should be in the original decomposition of the
timings for the arbitration protocol itself .  The assumption in that
protocol on the total round trip delay on the bus is key to make arbitration
work, and so should be the source of the time.  Cables, expanders, etc are
constrained to fit within this budget - I don't think it works to assume
cable and expander topologies and work from that direction forward.

Jim

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com