Rules on Letter Ballots

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 13 13:17:16 PDT 1998

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
Monica Vago from the NCITS Secretariat trained about a dozen people at the
T11 meetings last week.  There was one revelation about letter ballots that
is worth passing along.  We had been interpreting the rules much more
strictly than NCITS intended regarding not disclosing votes during the
ballot period.

Only the person collecting the ballots is forbidden from disclosing voting
information.  All others are permitted to disclose their votes should they
wish to do so.

In fact, I encourage those who have comments to send a copy of their
comments to the appropriate technical editor -- I am not permitted to do so
until the ballot closes.

John

PS: All this said, I think it would be a waste of resources to use the T10
reflector for heavy-duty lobbying.

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com