Obsolete mixed command and data, mixed data and response
stai at Brocade.COM
Thu Nov 19 16:11:30 PST 1998
* From the T10 (formerly SCSI) Reflector (t10 at symbios.com), posted by:
* Jeff Stai <stai at Brocade.COM>
The only benefits I can see to having more than one
IU in a Sequence are:
- You only use one SEQ_ID to send more than one IU,
thereby saving "precious SEQ_ID resources"...
- You can send more than one IU without resorting
to Sequence Streaming.
- Any Sequence error whacks more than one IU.
- You can only send one IU of a category in a
The upsides don't seem all that great, and the downsides
seem kind of annoying. Please correct me if I missed
Sounds like it could be worth removing from FC-FS,
or at least deprecating it, in the interest of
promoting "creeping simplicity".
Let's think about it, and maybe a few other things too?
BROCADE(R) communications systems inc.
15707 rockfield bl #215, irvine ca 92618
stai at brocade.com http://www.brocade.com/
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com
More information about the T10