FC-TAPE Command Reference Numbers

Binford, Charles charles.binford at symbios.com
Tue Nov 3 10:54:36 PST 1998

* "Binford, Charles" <charles.binford at symbios.com>
*
In general I agree with Dave.  FC drivers don't do mode sense and don't
want to.  However, I can also see Bob's point of not wanting to mix a
SCSI thing-a-ma-jig into PRLI if it is not needed.  So, I thought I'd
through out possible compromise.

Parallel SCSI has several transport specific bits in the standard
Inquiry page (bytes 6 and 7).  It seems reasonable to me to define one
of these bits as the indication of whether or not the precise ordering
is enabled or not.  I don't think that will break Bob's intent.  The
question is, Dave, do you find doing an Inquiry from your adapter as
repugnant as a Mode Sense?

Charles Binford
LSI Logic Storage Systems
(316) 636-8566