SBP-2 rev 3d

PJohansson PJohansson at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 10:27:33 PST 1998

* PJohansson <PJohansson at aol.com>
*
In a message dated 98-03-25 15:00:42 EST, Pete_Mclean at maxtor.com writes:

<<On the last of my items, my point is that this is the only place in the
document that we refer to "asynchronous requests and responses". I think we
did that to differentiate from isoc. No where does IEEE 1394-1995 refer to
"asynchronous requests and responses. My fear is that if I had not gone
through the last year of this, I might read "asynchronous requests and
raises the possibilty of confusion.>>

OK. The language is almost verbatim from P1394a, which does discuss
asynchronous requests and responses, but the word "asynchronous" is used in
only one other place in SBP-2 Revision 3d and used there in a generic sense.

I've modified the two list items to read:

- The target shall not originate an request or response subaction with a
source_ID field that is not equal to either a) the most significant 16 bits of
the target's NODE_IDS register or b) the concatenation of 0x3FF and the
physical ID assigned to the target's PHY during the self-identify process; and

- The target shall not receive an request or response subaction that specifies
destination_ID unless that field is equal to either a) the concatenation of
the most significant 10 bits of the target's NODE_IDS register and either the
physical ID assigned to the target's PHY during the self-identify process or
0x3F , or b) the concatenation of 0x3FF and either the physical ID assigned to
the target's PHY during the self-identify process or 0x3F.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com