Multiple Logins to a LUN by the same Initiator

Frank Banul f-banul at ti.com
Mon Mar 23 19:20:35 PST 1998

* Frank Banul <f-banul at ti.com>
*
Alan,

Your interpretation of SBP-2 is correct. I cannot answer why the =
restriction was imposed, but from the point of view of a target, the =
restriction reduces the resources required to satisfy a particular host. =
What you are asking shifts some processing/memory usage from the host to =
the target. In my case, I have a lot more resources on my host. So each =
application goes through a layer on the host to the target. Each =
application can think it's logged in, but the target only knows about =
one host.

Is this condensing layer not feasible in your system?