Command linking through switches

Jeff Stai stai at Brocade.COM
Mon Mar 2 11:15:19 PST 1998

* Jeff Stai <stai at Brocade.COM>
*

On Sunday, March 01, 1998 9:51 PM, Bob Snively
[SMTP:Bob.Snively at Eng.Sun.COM] wrote:

> I am hoping that command linking through a switch will operate exactly
> like command linking on a direct loop.  Each of the sequences in the
> exchange is a separate Information Unit which is transmitted,
received,
> and managed in the proper sequence by the end-points (target and
initiator)
> only.

Since there is no requirement that a linked command be completed in a
single loop tenancy, I can think of no reason why a linked command would
not behave exactly the same way through a switch as on a local loop.
Both switches and loops provide a medium through which frames may be
multiplexed from different sources.

For what it is worth, anyway.

jeff

jeff stai
brocade communications systems inc.
15707 rockfield bl #215, irvine ca 92618
714-455-2908vm, 714-455-9287fx
stai at brocade.com  http://www.brocade.com/

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com