IBM Comments on JT/97-0566,

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Fri Jan 30 07:55:32 PST 1998

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
I agree very strongly with the main thrust of Joel Urman's comments and
thank him for the input which should be useful to T10.

I will however try to clarify two items. I am sorry if my letter left the
impression that I was advocating the use of ANSI standards rather than
ISO/IEC standards. I intended to just ask the question if others had this
view or if this was their perception of the market reality.

T13 as a result of their projects being turned down by JTC 1 voted at their
formation meeting to not participate in international standards work at
least for the time being. I have several times asked the NCITS Secretariat
to correct the NCITS and the ISO/IEC JTC 1 U.S. TAG web sites to eliminate
the false impression that they are doing any international standards work.

Gene Milligan
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 25/WG 4 TAG IR (T10, T11, & T12)

George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com> on 01/30/98 08:06:17 AM