Suggested changes to standards reflectors
erich_oetting at stortek.com
Mon Dec 7 13:28:01 PST 1998
* From the T10 (formerly SCSI) Reflector (t10 at symbios.com), posted by:
* Erich Oetting <erich_oetting at stortek.com>
greg at xtp.engr.sgi.com wrote:
>Most of the crap I receive comes from reflectors.
>That suggests that reflector software, instead of simply forwarding,
>could reject submissions from non-members. Has anyone checked
>whether pussypary152 is a member of X3T11?
Implementing this would require a lot of manual work on the part of list
administrators, who are already overworked. I also think that the
reflectors should be open to use by persons who are not members of T11 or
other standards bodies.
I would suggest the following changes to the configuration of standards
1. Messages may only be posted by persons that have subscribed to the
2. Use the available feature in Majordomo that sends a message to the
subscribers email address. This message must be returned before a
subscription is activated.
3. Turn off the Majordomo feature that allows a user to examine the
... Erich Oetting
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com
More information about the T10