Thursday conference call.

Alan Littlewood alanl at lsil.com
Wed Aug 26 15:47:54 PDT 1998

* Alan Littlewood <alanl at lsil.com>
*
I am not participating in the SPI-3 conference call on Thursday, but
would like to make the following comment and suggestion.

With the adoption of "double transition clocking", the terms "assertion"
and "negation" become something of an anomally, since both rising and
falling edges can be considered "assertions" so we must be very careful
with wording and definitions so as not to cause confusion.

Therefore, I would like to suggest a change in Gene Milligan's document
153r4  Table 3.

For the "double transition" mode I would like to replace the definition
of "Transfer period" (Note 4) to say..
	"The transfer period is the time between the rising and falling edges
of the REQ/REQQ and ACK/ACKQ signals".

The values for "Transfer period" should be:
	Fast-10 = 100ns
	Fast-20 = 50ns
	Fast-40 = 25ns
	Fast-80 = 12.5ns
(These values agree with the numbers given in Jim McGrath's document
177r4 on page 22.)

The above definition would also provide a distinction from "Transmit
period" which is defined on page 7.

Best regards,
Alan.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com