Questions for Prevent and Get Config CMD

Mike Ito mike at yfl.cs.fujitsu.co.jp
Tue Aug 25 17:25:14 PDT 1998

* Mike Ito <mike at yfl.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
*

  I have questions as followings, if you know them please let me know.

For "Prevent Allow Medium Removal command"

    Mt.Fuji2/3,MMC-2 specification says,

    Byte 4
           bit0: Prevent
           bit1: Persistent

    SCSI(SPC-2) says,

    Byte 4
           bit0: Prevent
           bit1: Prevent (attached medium changer)

  SPC byte 4:bit1 is for medium changer as juke box, but Mt.Fuji2/3,MMC-2
are not same meaning[feature].

  It is conflicting, which description is popular ?

For "Get Configuration command"

  I think, "Get Configuration command" was proposed to place at SPC
specification. Will it be there soon or not ?

Thanks,
Mike Ito,

---
Masahiro Ito, Design Project, Yamagata Fujitsu Limited
E-Mail#1:mike at yfl.cs.fujitsu.co.jp; E-Mail#2:rhc01571 at nifty.ne.jp
FONE:+81-237-43-7150(DID) FAX:+81-237-43-7155
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com