Minutes of T10 Plenary meeting #23

ROWEBER at acm.org ROWEBER at acm.org
Sun Sep 28 17:49:01 PDT 1997

* ROWEBER at acm.org
*
>>>Concerns were raised about the change in the definition of 'command
>>>standard'.  Although correct, the wording chosen by ANSI did not have the
>>>nuance desired by the committee.  Superior wording was proposed for SPC-2.
>>
>> Well you certainly needed to be there. What is the superior wording?
>
>"Only the Shadow knows".  I guess this is a question for Ralph, a.k.a.,
>the Shadow.

Well!!! It's clear I can't talk and take minutes at the same time.  The
did not concern the 'command standard' definition at all.  The change shown
in 97-253 was acceptable to the group.

The problem was in clause 5.4 and concerned the following bullet entry:

    e) the LOGICAL UNIT RESET task management function removes reservations
    established by the Reserve/Release method and removes all tasks for all
    initiators for the addressed logical unit and any logical units depending
    from it in a hierarchical addressing structure (see SAM).  Persistent
    reservations remain unmodified; and

ANSI didn't like the phrase "... depending from ..."  Harvey Rosenfeld and
I agreed to change it to "... descending from ...".  T10 didn't like that,
because of the suggestion of superior and inferior logical units.  SPC-2 rev 0
has "... issuing from ..."

As far as I know, SPC is beyond changing, unless somebody thinks this is
worth an errata.

Ralph...

P.S. John, while you're making r1 of the minutes ...
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com