Minutes o f SCSI Protocol Study Group

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 25 06:24:06 PDT 1997

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
*
---------------------- Forwarded by George Penokie/Rochester/IBM on 09/25/97
08:20 AM ---------------------------

George Penokie
09/23/97 05:41 PM

To: owner-t10 at symbios.com @ internet @ IBMLMS01
cc:
From: George Penokie/Rochester/IBM @ IBMUS
Subject: Minutes o f SCSI Protocol Study Group

The minutes of the SCSI Protocol Study Group state the following:

'Ralph Weber offered an alternate proposal that would  define a task set per
initiator.  This has the beauty of maintaining the task set rules.  The
group seemed to favor this direction so Gene agreed to modify his proposal
in this manner for the next meeting. He will add a 3-bit field to the
Control Mode page and define a value for task set per logical unit and a
task set per initiator.'

The statement 'task set per initiator' in the above paragraph is not correct.
It should be 'task set per initiator/logical unit'. The definition of 'task set
per initiator' is that there is one task set per initiator and all the LUNs
within the target are also within the task set boundaries. So if you have
two initiators and two logical units you would have two queues.

The definition of 'task set per initiator/logical unit' is that there is one
task set per I_T_L nexus. So if you have two initiators and two logical units
there would be four queues. This is, I believe the behavior you want.

This is all described better in 92-141r8.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com