Minutes of T10 Plenary meeting #23

John Lohmeyer John.Lohmeyer at symbios.com
Wed Sep 24 14:47:22 PDT 1997

* John Lohmeyer <John.Lohmeyer at Symbios.com>
*
At 09:57 AM 9/23/97, Gene Milligan wrote:
><<239)  Gene Milligan will communicate the T10 endorsement of the SC 25
>      (Buzios/US) 35 recommendation regarding the JTC 1 re-engineering to the
>      JTC 1 TAG. Carryover
>240)  Gene Milligan will communicate the T10 endorsement of his personal
>      recommendations on JTC 1 N 4787 and JTC 1 N 4785 to the JTC 1 TAG.
>      Carryover>>
>
> I presume these were marked carryover since I was unable to attend the
>plenary. However they were both completed shortly after the prior plenary
>meeting (#22). I think the Chair was copied on the communications (but there
>are too many communications for instant recall).

Precisely.  Too many communications for the chair to remember too.  I've
marked them complete in the draft minutes of the next meeting.

><<Bill Dallas reported that revision 3 of CAM-3 will be available by the
time of
>the next meeting. >>
>
> Was revision 2 ever distributed? The prior T10 Project Status Summary
7/8/97
>shows Revision 1 as the current document.

According to my records CAM-3 Rev 2 was in the SY-97-04 (July) mailing.  I
haven't actually checked my CD-ROM however.

><<Concerns were raised about the change in
>the definition of 'command standard'.  Although correct, the wording
chosen by
>ANSI did not have the nuance desired by the committee.  Superior wording was
>proposed for SPC-2.>>
>
> Well you certainly needed to be there. What is the superior wording?

"Only the Shadow knows".  I guess this is a question for Ralph, a.k.a., the
Shadow.

><<No formal review of these annexes is scheduled until SBP-2 is balloted for
>   first public review. The editor welcomes informal review at
>   pjohansson at aol.com.>>
>
> In terms of T10 procedures and agenda what does this mean? Does it have
to do
>with a dress code?

My understanding is that most of the SBP-2 folks feel uncomfortable
deciding what is (or is not) adequate in the isochronous protocol.  They
were appealing for direct comments to the Technical Editor from anyone who
is willing to review these sections.

I think Peter views letter ballots and public reviews as "formal" and all
other comments as "informal".  Your dress code may vary...

><<In the absence of the IR, ISO business was deferred to the November
meeting.>>

> Apparently in the written report he provided, the absent IR neglected to
>mention there was no T10 related ISO business to conduct at this meeting

I suspected as much.  But the written report was rather brief -- is that
another dress code?

><<SPI-2 Edit     Oct 14 (Tue)       Colorado Springs / Symbios Logic>>
>
> I presume this is still to be available by teleconference.

Yes, I sent out instructions in my meeting notice:

"I've also arranged a teleconference capability for those who would rather
attend by phone.  The teleconference will be available from 8am to 4pm
Mountain Time.  Call 316-636-8255 and use meeting ID 1368."

John

John Lohmeyer                 E-Mail: john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.             Voice: 719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.              Fax: 719-533-7036
Colo Spgs, CO 80907-3444    SCSI BBS: 719-533-7950 300--28800 baud

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com