1394 Power Saving Timers

Lenny, Tom Tom.Lenny at compaq.com
Fri Sep 19 14:08:13 PDT 1997

* "Lenny, Tom" <Tom.Lenny at COMPAQ.com>

------ =_NextPart_000_01BCC516.3D1797C0

Jeff Wolford passed the action item on to me to investigate Compaq's
requirements for the drive to support power-saving timers.  Today our
BIOS does setup our ATA hard drives to spin down after X minutes of
inactivity on our desktop PC's.  However, with our SCSI drives, since
none of our drive suppliers are supporting the SCSI-3 power-saving
timers we rely on the OS or in some cases we've written our own device
drivers that send the start/stop unit command.  Compaq is therefore
supporting the removal of page 0x1A from RBC.

Sincerely,
Tom Lenny

Tom Lenny
PC Storage Interface Development

Compaq Computer Corp. 		Phone:	(281) 514-9142
MS 070810			FAX:        (281) 514-0514
20555 SH 249			email:	tom.lenny at compaq.com
Houston, TX  77070

------ =_NextPart_000_01BCC516.3D1797C0--