SBP2 clarification

Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
Tue Sep 16 09:10:31 PDT 1997

* Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
*

First, this message should have been sent to the T10 reflector, I have
enclosed it and copied my answer to both reflectors to make sure all have
seen my response.  In the future, let's do SBP-2 only on the T10 reflector.

Now, my answer:

Whether the target uses different CSR addresses for different initiators is
definitely an implementation issue.  The combination of source_ID,
destination_ID, and CSR address must provide the information necessary for
the target to determine what initiator's are allowed to talk to which
units/logical_units and which aren't, and to make sure that it can't make a
mistake in doing so.  Reuse of CSR addresses is possible, using different
CSR addresses is a little more obvious.  Even using a single CSR address to
to allow initiator 1 to talk to unit 1, and allow initiator 2 to talk to
unit 2.  I don't think I'd choose to do it that way, but there is no
restrictions....

The fetch agent for each initiator/lun pair is unique.

steve finch

srao at trinc.com on 09/15/97 10:38:18 AM