re 2 or more: SPI-2 Issues - for Plenary vote in September

Walter Bridgewater x2371 wally at eng.adaptec.com
Tue Sep 2 15:45:54 PDT 1997

* wally at eng.adaptec.com (Walter Bridgewater x2371)
*

Gene & Everybody,

There is no need for same run wafers.  The capacitance is measured
at the connector.

You only need to have same model drives to have a problem, and
that is often the case.  Whenever you put 15 drives on a system
you would buy 15 of the same model?   Or, would you buy 15 drives
|from 15 different manufactures?

On Paul's issue on the capacitance:
 I think there isn't enough margin now to give up any unless we do
 something else to get some margin back.

Wally

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com