jake_berzon at el.nec.com
Tue Oct 14 10:54:56 PDT 1997
* From the T10 (formerly SCSI) Reflector (t10 at symbios.com), posted by:
* Jake Berzon <jake_berzon at el.nec.com>
I have been looking through the SBP-2 drafts in search of answers for several
questions that were presented to me. So far I have had no luck. Do these
questions make sense? If so, where do I find the answers?
1. Is a page table only good for the first packet of the page?
2. If so, how much more hardware is required for a small performance?
3. What are the pros and cons of the trade off?
I was told that the SBP-2 would be used for scatter-gather purpose only.
4. Do they possibly mean that all ORBs will only specify unrestricted page
5. Does the SBP-2 standard address the cache table requirements somewhere?
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com
More information about the T10