Too many meetings

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Fri Nov 21 11:53:18 PST 1997

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
Zane S. Daggett wrote <<I don't see how canceling the January meeting has
helped anyone.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems there is a lot of work to be
done by many different individuals.>>

     It helped me a bunch. But all of the January meetings were intended to
not be scheduled in my opinion by the decision to cancel the T10 January
meeting. Scheduling more meetings does not necessarily lead to more
accomplished. Planning and running fewer meetings efficiently leads to more
accomplished.

     Alternatively if we reduced the participation to just those located in
a tight geographical segment the waste of travel time could be eliminated.
It seems to me even if not intended this turns out to be a byproduct of too
many meetings.

     A lot of the subjects could be handled between efficiently scheduled
meetings by Email, ftp, and telecon.

     Besides we need to send a message to the airlines that we are fed up
with their downward spiral on services.

See you in March,

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com