SBP-2:: What is a target?

Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
Mon Nov 17 09:52:52 PST 1997

* Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
*

I have been reviewing SBP-2 and ran into a problem.  The terms "initiator"
and "target" are not defined.  What exactly is a target in 1394 terms?
What exactly is an initiator?

For "target", the choices seem to be:  the node, a unit on the node, a
logical unit within a unit.  Each of these choices causes me problems in
some part of SBP-2 where the term "target" is used generically.  I want to
make letter ballot comments against those that are incorrect but, without
an agreed to definition, which ones do I comment against?

Any comments?

John Lohmeyer (Chair of T10):  Since SBP-2 is out for letter ballot, am I
allowed to talk about things like this if I don't say how I vote or give
the details of my comments?

steve finch
silicon systems
(714) 573-6808