Proposed Change to Specify QErr Support Requirements

ROWEBER at acm.org ROWEBER at acm.org
Sat May 3 17:15:07 PDT 1997

* ROWEBER at acm.org
*
While I support Charles' goal of resolving issues regarding text
discarded in haste from X3T10/96-277r2, I have one quarrel with
the proposed text.

The phrase:

   "Devices that implement any of the command queuing behaviors defined
   in this standard ..."

is inadequate to specify devices that implement command queuing.  The
problem is as follows.  Assuming that the proposed text is to be placed
in SPC-2, "... defined in this standard ..." will not identify command
queuing.  Command queuing is defined in SAM (or SAM-2), not in SPC-2.

Thanks.

Ralph...
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com