Draft Minutes of SPI-2 Working Group - 3/10/97

John Lohmeyer John.Lohmeyer at symbios.com
Thu Mar 20 12:20:23 PST 1997

* John Lohmeyer <John.Lohmeyer at Symbios.com>
*
Gene,

I do not recall an agreement to limit the Apr 18th meeting to only Ultra3
discussions.  But I may have missed that discussion.  The plenary meeting
schedule slide that we voted on labeled the Apr 18th meeting as a SPI-2
meeting with no specific limitations.  I think an Ultra3 limitation would
waste the availability of some valuable resources, particularly on such
questions as how Figure 24 should be (or should not be) modified.  I do not
propose that we take a final action on the figure in April, just that we be
allowed to review the figure with the experts that I expect to be present
(and quite possibly not present in May).

The point about the Adaptec data being essentially the same as the data we
reviewed last year is made in agenda item 10.  Does it really need to be
repeated in agenda item 9?

John

PS: I would agree that 'agreement' is a word that should be used sparingly
regarding this topic.  ;-)

At 12:25 AM 3/20/97, Gene Milligan wrote:
>>8.    Proposed clarification to Fig. 24 [Ham]
>
>>Bill Ham said that his data suggest that figure 24 should not be changed.
>>Bill requested that this issue be dropped from the agenda.  John Lohmeyer
>>expressed concern that an inconsistency exists if the figure is not changed.
>>John and Bill discussed changes that should and should not be made to the
>>figure.  The group agreed to review the figure again at the next meeting,
>>after everybody has a chance to review the current proposed figure with
their
>>engineers.
>
> This should be clarified to refer to the May meeting, not the next meeting.
>
>>9.    Issues with LVD [Harris]
>
>>Norm Harris began his presentation with a review of the development of LVD
>>SCSI.  The conclusion of Norm's presentation was that there are no
>>demonstrable problems with LVD SCSI at 40 mega-transfers per second.
However,

John Lohmeyer                 E-Mail: john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.             Voice: 719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.              Fax: 719-533-7036
Colo Spgs, CO 80907-3444    SCSI BBS: 719-533-7950 300--28800 baud

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com