Project Proposal SSS

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Mar 6 00:05:24 PST 1997

* Gene Milligan <Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com>
*
>The SSS standard will define a platform and device independent method of
>communication between processor devices and communication devices or other
>processor devices.

 Since command sets are normally (always) associated with a device type, as
presently stated it would create two processor device types. I think it would
be beneficial for the project scope to include removal of  processor device
types from SBP-2 with SSS becoming a complete documentation of the processor
device type.

>The SSS standard is intended for use in closed systems.

 The needs sounded as if it was addressed at open systems covered by the open
system reference model.

What is the relationship and impact of the proposed SSS project with/on CAM-3?

Gene
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com