SCSI Socket/SSL Services proposal

Lansing Sloan ljsloan at llnl.gov
Mon Mar 3 11:57:49 PST 1997

* Lansing Sloan <ljsloan at llnl.gov>
*
X3T10 folks (cc Jeff Schiller, Win Treese),

For the SCSI Socket/SSL Services proposed project, I suggest ascertaining
if there should be liaison with the Internet Engineering Task Force,
because their Transport Layer Security (tls) Working Group is expected to
standardize the evolution of SSL.

Lansing J. Sloan                Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
1-510-422-4356 (work phone)     M/S L-303
1-510-423-8002 (work FAX)       7000 East Avenue
ljsloan at llnl.gov                Livermore, CA 94550-9900   USA

>* From the SCSI Reflector (scsi at symbios.com), posted by:
>* John Lohmeyer <John.Lohmeyer at Symbios.com>
>*
>I've placed the following project proposal on the SCSI Working Group agenda
>for Wednesday afternoon.  Keith Parker (the author) plans to be there.  I
>expect that if the working group concurs, there will be a forwarding motion
>on Thursday at the T10 meeting.  Please read the project proposal and send
>any substantive comments to the reflector.  Please send any purely
>editorial comments to me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Lohmeyer
>

>                                                                  T10/97-129r0
>

>                               Project Proposal
>                                   For a New
>                                  X3 Standard
>

>                           SCSI Socket/SSL Services
>                                     (SSS)
>                                  Command Set
>

>                               February 24, 1997
>
>1.    IDENTIFICATION OF PROPOSED PROJECT
>1.1   TITLE:  SCSI Socket/SSL Services (SSS) Command Set
>1.2   PROPOSER:  X3T10.
>1.3   DATE SUBMITTED:  February 24, 1997
>1.4   PROJECT TYPE: D - Development of a standard within an X3 TC.
>
>2.    JUSTIFICATION OF PROPOSED STANDARD

[snip]

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com