Issue with READ/WRITE 10 & 12 byte commands

Ron Radko ronrad at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 15 17:16:03 PDT 1997

* Ron Radko <ronrad at MICROSOFT.com>
*
I have seen 12 byte commands used by a large number of Mt. Fuji spec
drives.  Many of them *do not* support 10 byte commands.  This will be
particularily nasty fo OS vendors if we have to  determine which the
device requires.  As far as Microsoft is concerned, devices
corresponding to current and future Mt. Fuji specs should continue to
support the 12 byte commands.

Ron Radko, Device Driver Engineer, Microsoft

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com