ATA Mapper

Rick Born Rick.Born at symbios.com
Thu Jul 3 08:21:03 PDT 1997

* Rick Born <Rick.Born at Symbios.com>
*
Peter,

As I stated in the message when I submitted the Mapper document, I
was only proposing an alternative to the Tailgate solution that does
not require modifications to existing drivers like the Tailgate
proposal does.  I agree that if no other company plans to build
a Mapper device, then there is no need for this document to be in
the standards committee (but the same could be said for Tailgate).

You are correct that the Mapper does not require any changes to either
SBP-2 or the Native Profile.  The intent of the device is not to be
able to distinguish a Mapped device from a "truely" native device so
|from an OS point of view there should be no changes to any of its
support for a native device.

Rick Born
Rick.Born at Symbios.Com

--