FW: One task set per LUN

Charles Monia 237-6757 monia at AM.SHRMSG.SHR.mts.dec.com
Mon Feb 10 15:48:30 PST 1997

* Charles Monia 237-6757 <monia at AM.SHRMSG.SHR.mts.dec.com>
*
Hi:

I don't believe there's a problem with regard to existing, single ported
devices.

As I interpreted the request, George was describing a multiport device
requirement and asking whether or not it was included in any of the SCSI-3
standards. As I noted, the answer is "no". Strictly speaking, however, I
believe that response was wrong, since SAM specifies one task set per LUN  --
period.  ie. there's no way to construe it otherwise regardles of how many
ports the device has.

Regards,
Charles

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com