Power Control Page Code

Gerry Houlder Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Tue Sep 17 16:42:58 PDT 1996

* Gerry Houlder <Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com>
*
>Quick Question!  I am currently looking through the SCSI-3 documents (big
>fun) and found a conflict for the page code of the Power Control Mode Page.
>
>SPC Rev 9b has the page code of 1Ah
>SBC Rev 4a has the page code of 0Dh
>
>Which one is it or do I need a later version of one (or both) of these drafts?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Greg A.

Page code 0Dh is documented in SBC for use by block devices. This is not the
preferred code for this page, however. CD-ROM device type uses page Dh
for other purposes. Some older block devices have implemented this page
for power management, so it is still allowed by the standard.

Page code 1Ah is documented in SPC for use by all device types. All device
types recognize this code for the power management page, so it is preferred
for a common implementation across all device types. NEW DESIGNS
SHOULD USE PAGE 1AH.
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com