FW: Liaison with IEEE P1596.8

Hallam, Ken MV KHallam at po2.mv.unisys.com
Fri Oct 4 13:10:00 PDT 1996

* "Hallam, Ken                 MV" <KHallam at po2.mv.unisys.com>
*

Gene,

I'm not sure I understand this. Is P1596.8 a proposed IEEE interface that
encompasses BOTH 1394.2 serial and some form of parallel SCI? Is there some
form of new technology at work here? Or is P1596.8 a committee with 2
different projects, one for 1394.2 (Serial Express) and another for SCI
parallel? Or am I simply confused again about something everyone else
understands?

Confused in Mission Viejo