Unit Attention with multiple LUNs? -Reply

PAT LaVarre LAVARRE at iomega.com
Thu Nov 21 08:40:06 PST 1996

* PAT LaVarre <LAVARRE at IOMEGA.COM>
*
If someone else could be so kind as to answer the
specific question re interpretation of the
standard ...

... it reminds me of a broader question, namely:
why does the standard bother to minimise unit
attentions?

For example, the 6h 2Ah "mode parameters changed"
goes only to initiators other than the one who
dispatched the 15h/55h mode select command.

Why is this?

Who cares if the next command after a mode select
takes a few tries to get through to the target?
And if we care about one initiator, why not care
equally much about them all?

Thanks in advance.   Pat LaVarre

P.S. I have a couple of ideas, but I won't bias
any of you just yet.

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com