SCSI Bus Termination

Ron Arp ronarp at gr.hp.com
Mon Nov 11 16:04:47 PST 1996

* Ron Arp <ronarp at gr.hp.com>
*
I have a couple of questions regarding termination on a single ended SCSI
2 bus.  My SCSI 2 specification states the terminator is to be at the end of
the bus and may be contained inside of the last device on the bus.  Assuming
the terminator is not in the device and the SCSI cable ends at the device,
how far before the device can the terminator be?  Is the cable after the
terminator suspose to be treated the same as a SCSI stub?

Ron Arp
ronarp at gr.hp.com
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com