Oooops X3T10

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Tue Aug 20 19:12:36 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* Gene Milligan <Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com>
*
Sorry the message should have said X3T10 Minutes.

To: scsi @ Symbios.COM @ INTERNET
cc:  (bcc: Gene Milligan)
From: Gene Milligan
Date: 08/18/96 10:19:11 PM PDT
Subject: July X3T13 Minutes Comments

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* Gene Milligan <Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com>
*
>Gene Milligan moved that SBC be stabilized at revision 4 plus the
>changes approved at this meeting.  Ed Gardner seconded the motion.
>The motion passed 26:0:0:25=51.

 My recollection is that the motion enumerated the items approved at the
meeting. In fact I was counting on the minutes to confirm which items to put
in. I also recall there was a foil which listed the items.

>George moved that those portions of 96-140r4 that apply <<to>> SIP be included
in SIP revision 10.

>Gene Milligan moved that the sense <<of>> X3T10 be that the document
>presently known as 1142 be stabilized as quickly as practical, and
>that the motion to stabilize it include its acceptance for inclusion
>in project 1142 with the addition of SPI, Fast-20, and other
>applicable items.

>Gene described problems with the unreliability of the SCSI-3
>terminator, with respect to the SCSI-2 terminator.

 I thought I described the differences between the SCSI-2 and SCSI-3 single
ended termination requirements and pointed out that that SCSI-3 had reduced the
margins.

>Based on the lack of clarity in the RESERVE(6) and RELEASE(6) votes,
>Erich decided to defer action on this item to the September meetings.

 This statement appears to be an opinion rather than fact. The votes are
acurately recorden in the minutes and consequently are very clear.

>Gene Milligan, chairman of X3T13, informed the committee that <<Pete McLean
had been >appointed Vice Chairman of X3T13 and that>> Larry Lamers had been
appointed Secretary for >X3T13 and that <<Gene's>> appointment as chairman
became effective since the last meeting.

>Gene Milligan provided the following comments:

>1) Gene stated his belief that the Sun Microsystems proposal was for
>review only, with <<a proposal>>  to occur at the next SFF meeting.
>2) Gene noted that he requested that the SFF EIA process include submitting
proposals to IEC (in >addition to EIA), so that SFF <<specifications>> have
international references to <<facilitate adopting them>> in X3T10 standards.