Update: Predictive Failure Notif. (Exception Handling Mode Pg)

TBattle at corp.adaptec.com TBattle at corp.adaptec.com
Fri Mar 3 12:43:00 PST 1995

Header: Adaptec Confidential
This is an update for those interested in attending the meeting on
Predictive Failure Notification in Newport Beach next week:

Note, as John Lohmeyer points out, this meeting is not an X3T10 authorized
meeting, because we've given less than two weeks notice.  The meeting will
still take place, but  just has no official status with X3T10.

Secondly, we want to confirm that the meeting will take place at the Hyatt
Newporter Hotel on Tuesday, 3/7/95 from 6:00 - 8:00 P.M.  The room number
isn't available yet, but we'll try to send a final update on Monday of next
week.  Attendees can also inquire at the front desk on Tuesday.

The address of the hotel is:

Hyatt Newporter Hotel
17900 Jamboree Rd
Newport Beach, Ca.
(714) 975-1234

Flights are most easily made through the Orange County (John Wayne) Airport.

-------------
Original Text
>From Tom Battle at North America.Adaptec, on 3/1/95 7:15 PM:
To: SCSI at WichitaKS.NCR.COM

A meeting is being called for next week to discuss "Issues and
Implementation of Exception Handling Selection Mode Page."  The term
Exception Handling is also known by "predictive failure notification for
hard disk drives."  This mode page was accepted for inclusion into the
SCSI-3 Primary Command Standard, and can be referenced by George Penokie's
document of  X3T10/94-190 rev 4.

This meeting is an ad hoc gathering,  focused on driving implementation of
the spec within the SCSI community.  The intent is not to modify the spec in
any way, but to move it to realization.

A tentative date and time has been set for Tuesday, 3/7/95, from 6:00 - 8:00
P.M.  The location will be in Newport Beach, Ca. for the convenience of
those attending the X3T10 meetings being held there that week.  A specific
location will be announced later this week.

For further information, contact:

Mike Fitzpatrick
email:   Mike_Fitzpatrick at notes.seagate.com
phone:  405-324-3478